Updating address with dmv

Rated 4.93/5 based on 834 customer reviews

When you change your address within Colorado, you should change your address with the DMV as soon as possible. Changing your address with the CO DMV does not change your information on your vehicle registration.

For more information, see the Change Your Colorado Registration Address section below.

Once you've changed your address with the CO DMV, you can either: To change your address in person, visit your local Colorado DMV office in person and bring a completed Change of Address (DR 2285).

To change your address by mail, send the completed Change of Address (DR 2285) to: Department of Revenue Division of Motor Vehicles Driver Control RM 164 P. Box 173350 Denver CO 80217 If you're 21 years old or older, you can choose to get a new CO driver's license or ID card showing your new address by completing the license/ID card renewal process, either online, by mail, or in person.

If you qualify for the low income provisions established by the Federal Government, you may be eligible for a onetime Economic Hardship Waiver.

If your vehicle failed the retest you may be eligible for a Cost Waiver if qualifying repairs were made.

Finding a DMV Office Changing Your Address at the DMVBringing the Necessary Documents Community Q&A Colorado residents who move to a new location or change addresses within the state must notify the Colorado DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) within 30 days of moving, so that their vehicle registration and title certificate can be properly updated.

Residents must notify the DMV in the county of their residence to update their address information.

You will need: NOTE: Registration fees vary depending on vehicle weight and the county in which it is registered.

Note that you must go to the DMV to update the address on your title and registration; the update cannot be done online or by fax or phone.

Updating your address with the DMV does not automatically change the information on your title and registration; these are separate procedures.

If you would like a driver license or identification card that shows your new address, you will need to apply for a duplicate driver license or identification card​​​ online or visit a DMV customer service center and pay the required fee.

If you're new to Colorado, or you have moved within the state, you need to update your address with the Department of Revenue Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

Leave a Reply